2015 Marian Chace Foundation Lecturer Award
2014 Artist Initiative Grant for Choreography from Minnesota State Arts Board
2014 Arts & Healing Network 2014 National Award
2013 Unity Avenue Foundation grant for Global Water Dances 2013
2012 Metropolitan Regional Arts Council grant for Solstice River XVI
2011 Onan Family Foundation grant for Solstice River XVI
2011 Quaker Hill Foundation grant for Global Water Dances
2009 Portland Regional Arts and Culture Council grant for Rain or Shine
2009 Metropolitan Regional Arts Council grant for Coldwater Springs Dance
2009 Onan Family Foundation grant for Solstice River XIII
2008 Metropolitan Regional Arts Council grant for Solstice River X11
2008 Quaker Hill Foundation grant for Acre, Israel performance
2008 Anacostia Watershed Society award for Green Dance
2007 River Action in Quad Cities: Arts Award for One River Mississippi
2007 New Orleans Tribute to Classical Arts “Special Achievement in Dance”
2006 Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce award for One River Mississippi
2005 McKnight Foundation challenge grant for One River Mississippi
2005 Lowry Hill Philanthropy grant for One River Mississippi
2005 Puffin Foundation grant for One River Mississippi
2005-2002 Mississippi Watershed Management Organization for Solstice River
2005-2002 Metropolitan Regional Arts Council grant for Solstice River
20041 Quaker Hill Foundation grant for One River Mississippi
2003 Unity Avenue Foundation for One River Mississippi
2003 McKnight Foundation planning grant for One River Mississippi
2002-2001 Xcel Energy Foundation grant for Mississippi River performance
2002 City of Minneapolis Office of Cultural Affairs grant for site-specific performance
2002 Carolyn Foundation grant for Solstice River 2002
2003-2001 Oswald Family Foundation grant
2001 Quaker Hill Foundation grant for Mother’s Day Dance
2001 Grant from Metropolitan regional Art Council
2000 McKnight Choreographer’s Fellowship
2000 “Partnership 2000” commission for collaboration with Israeli artists
1999 “Women of Substance” Series commission for Mother’s Day Dance
1997-98 McKnight Choreographer’s Fellowship
1997 Northern Lakes Arts Association commission for Ely’s lake dance
1997 Commission for Water Environment Federation national conference
1996 The Soros Foundation for Dance for Peace in Sarajevo, Bosnia
1996 Water Environment Federation’s Public Education Award for Plant Dance
1995 Metropolitan Regional Arts Council for Plant Dance
1995 “Artist of the Year” named by City Pages
1994-96 Two-year National Endowment for the Arts Choreographer’s Fellowship
1994 Minnesota State Arts Board: Career Opportunity Grant
1994 “Artist of the Year” named by City Pages
1993 Jerome Foundation Travel Grant to study Space Harmony in London
1993 Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival to mount the Housatonic River Dance
1992-93 McKnight Choreographer’s Fellowship
1991-92 Walker Art Center’s commission for Sculpture Garden Opening
1990 William Harren Memorial Commissioned Music Grant
1989 Minnesota Dance Alliance Dancer Pool funded by the Jerome Foundation
1988 City of St. Paul: Riverfront Commission award to mount Barge Dance
1988 Minnesota Dance Alliance for the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
1987-88 McKnight Choreographer’s Fellowship
1987 Minnesota State Arts Board Career Opportunity Grant
- McKnight Choreographer’s Fellowship
- McKnight Choreographer’s Fellowship
Fulbright Scholarship: Grant for Choreography and directing the Glasgow Art Centre’s dance program in Scotland.
Goddard College: MA in Dance/Movement Therapy
Laban Institute of Movement Studies: Certification in Laban Movement Analysis, formerly the Dance Notation Bureau. Effort/Shape. CMA
Vassar College: BA General Honors. Minor in Art and Architectural History
WRITINGS ABOUT HARDENBEGH’S CHOREOGRAPHY
Ansley, Wendy. “Plant Dance: A Tribute to Clean Water.” performance twincities. Winter 1996: 6-7. Print.
Kloetzel, Melanie, and Carolyn Pavlik, eds. “One River Mississippi by Marylee Hardenbergh.” Site Dance: Choreographers and the Lure of Alternative Spaces. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2009.
LeFevre, Camille. The Dance Bible: The Complete Resource for Aspiring Dancers. Barron’s, 2012.
LeFevre, Camille. “Site-Specific Dance: Dance as Big as All Outdoors.” Dance Magazine. April 1996: 66-71. Print.
LeFevre, Camille. “Riverfront Awakening.” Architecture Minnesota. July-August 2005: 44-48. Print.
LeFevre, Camille. “One River Mississippi.” Dance Magazine. June 2006: 24. Print.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN. Courses in Anatomy & Kinesiology
- Metropolitan State University, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Semester and Quarter Courses in Dance Therapy
- Nancy Hauser Dance Company, Minneapolis, MN. Course in Space Harmony
- Rudy Perpich Arts High School, Minneapolis, MN. Course to teachers in Bartenieff Fundamentals; Space Harmony to Geometry Classes for learning through the body about solid geometric shapes
- Artist-in-the-Schools, Minneapolis and St. Paul , MN. Residency working with grades 1-6
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN. Courses in Anatomy and Kinesiology, Movement Analysis I, II, and III, and Dance Therapy
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN, Taught Space Harmony to Dance majors.
- Naropa University, Boulder, CO, Week-long course called "Embodying Creativity"
- The Hubert Humphrey Institute for Public Affairs, Minneapolis, MN, Taught courses to staff and Graduate students in using the body as a tool for creativity.
- Strathclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland, Taught courses in Dance Therapy.
- The Dance Centre, London, Taught Dance Therapy.